Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Core Wireless Speaker System CDUniverse.com

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kingpin: The Journey (FREE MIXTAPE DOWNLOAD)



For ten months this blog has been functioning and I'm proud to say it is slowly becoming very successful.  During this time I've been trying to stay consistent with posting on topics I've felt are related to the hip-hop world.  As I continue to grow and understand the history of hip-hop, one of the most integral parts of the music is finding and listening to artists who aren't a Jay-Z or a Snoop Dogg, just yet.  Many people aspire to become famous one day in entertainment with only a few actually being able to make it.  Today I have an interview which is the first of many for this blog, along with a FREE mixtape from a rapper named Kingpin who is from Detroit.  Check out this interview as it lets us first hand get into the mind of a man on a mission to become a hip-hop superstar.

This was my first interview for this blog and I was pleased to have the opportunity to get to know Kingpin as he makes his move into the next level in Hip Hop.

Where are you from?

I'm from Detroit, born and raised. We get a lot of bad press here but its a real unique place, I wish more of the positive things we do here were praised instead of the negative. But I'm glad to be from here, I wouldn't have it any other way.

How Long Have You Been Rapping?

Technically I've been rapping for about 13 years, I started formulating songs in the late 90s, but I've been writing since I was a a little kid, so it all came together.

What Got You Into Hip Hop?

Growing up I always loved the hip-hop culture, it pretty much shapes the current world we live in to to be honest, how we dress, dance etc... But I embraced the hip-hop culture before I actually started spitting myself. People were always telling me I was creative and outspoken growing up, and I knew I was a good writer. Plus being influenced by all the great artists who came before me plus my love of the hip-hop culture got me into hip-hop as an artist. I realized I loved to rap, write rhymes, and freestyle.

Why The Name Kingpin?

I get asked this question a lot ( lol ). Kingpin's are typically portrayed as power hungry individuals, but at the core they are some of the most motivated, intelligent and focused people on this planet, and that's everything that I am.

Favorite Artists?

My favorite artist are , T.I, Lupe Fiasco, 2pac, Eminem, Scarface, Kanye, Nas,Snoop, The Cool Kids, Mos Def,  I could go on for days its so many...

What style of Hip Hop do you consider your music? 

Honestly I'm all styles, I"m not limited to just one or a few, I am a product of decades of hip-hop.

Where Do You See Yourself In 5 Years?

5 years from now I'd like to be real successful at my craft, and hopefully able to expose many new people to hip-hop along the way. I want people to be able to say I worked hard to get where I am.

What Are Some Projects Your Currently Working On?

I'm currently working on a few projects. I'll be making an announcement soon. I will say this, the new stuff will be amazing, slated for a 2010 release... stay tuned.

Any Words or Advice for Future Artists?

Simply, keep it 100, with your music and in your personal life, people will respect you for it.  Make sure you triple check any type of business "deal" you are sure to encounter in this industry, getting ripped off is the worst, so always do your research.

To Download Kingpin's Mixtape Click Here

Official Kingpin Website Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments Here

Rakuten Affiliate Network Welcome Program
 
SecondSpin.com
Best Dad. Best Gift.
Rakuten Affiliate Network Welcome Program