Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Core Wireless Speaker System CDUniverse.com

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Carlos St. John: Interview


People get ready for an interview with an artist who is on the verge of doing big things.  I was fortunate to get this interview done with Carlos St. John over the past month, and his professionalism was great.  From getting him the questions to getting the necessary content for our readers, Carlos showed me some tracks from his EP and they were complete fire.  Here is the interview and check out what we got for you on his music...

Where are you from?

I'm from Brooklyn NY.

How long have you been involved with Hip Hop?

I've been involved in hip hop since I was 12 years old.

What are your inspirations?

I'm inspired by the fear of failure. I look around and see people who never reached their potential, everyday. I can't be that. That won't be my story.

What projects are you currently working on or preparing for the future?  

I just finished up The St. John Portfolio, we put that out and the reception has been unimaginable so far. And we just started! That's where all my attention is. What's next is next. I'm not even thinking about it, I'm just smiling at the sun.

Why should people listen to Carlos St. John?

People should listen to me because my music is dope. Its simple, I'm not selling anything, there's no genius campaign here. Just dope music and a story to be discovered.

What is the craziest thing you've seen on tour?

If I told you a tour story right now it would be boring. You gotta let people get better acquainted with The St. John Portfolio first.

Who would you like to work with in the future?

As far as working with people. I like my the team I have right now. Azeem and Coach Basic.

What do you find as the most difficult thing to do in Hip Hop?

The most difficult thing in hip hop has to be maintaining your perspective. You make these records coming from little to nothing with only the TV and lifestyle magazines to give you an inkling of what success resembles. Then you get halfway there and drawing on those same emotions become difficult because you stop seeing the cup half empty and start seeing it half full. That's hard.

Here is the iTunes link to the single Champagne Spillin which is certified fire:

Carlos St. John - "Champagne Spillin" (iTunes Link)

1 comment:

Please Leave Comments Here

Rakuten Affiliate Network Welcome Program
 
SecondSpin.com
Best Dad. Best Gift.
Rakuten Affiliate Network Welcome Program