Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Core Wireless Speaker System CDUniverse.com

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jay-Z is Over Demanding

I do say over demanding because it is the truth. While I was reading SoHH, I found this piece on what Jigga required as his concert demands for the "Last Smash Platinum Bash." If you don't remember, that is the concert that went negative a while back with Kelly Clarkson also in the show. Here is the exerpt as it is on SoHH,

The chart-topping performer did not get every perk requested in his concert rider, since the school does not provide artists with alcohol, tobacco, or $400,000 luxury vehicles. Jay-Z demands that promoters provide him with ground transportation while he is in town performing. Specifically, the rap star requires a late-model black Maybach (either the 57 or 62 model) with tinted windows. Carter's dressing room must be stocked with Sapporo beer, vodka, tequila, and two bottles of $300 Champagne and two bottles (at $200 apiece) of 2004 Sassicaia, which his rider helpfully describes as a "Red, Italian Wine from Bolgheri Region." Additionally, Carter requires "Good Quality" peanut butter and jelly, one martini shaker, 12 shot glasses, and a pack of Marlboro Lights. A marked-up copy of the Jay-Z rider, provided by the University of Arizona, includes the school's deletion of items it declined to provide the rapper. (The Smoking Gun)

Now with this information given to us as readers, I do feel Jay-Z is a legendary rapper and a staple in Hip Hop for life, but this is ridiculous. The car is too pricey and so is all that alcohol, cigarettes, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. LOL, it says good quality PB & J so I guess Jay wanted that flown in from France or something. Now the alcohol demands has me thinking maybe Jay is an alcoholic, I mean why do you need all that stuff? Personally I would get myself an SUV, have some food covered, and that's about it. It is crazy to me how these guys say the state of Hip Hop is getting ruined, and we need to help our communities, but they go along by themselves making demands like this. I'm happy the University did not buy into all of Jay-Z's demads but it is still sad to see him make demands from a school like this. Jay-Z is still in my top 5 as an artist, but as a person I don't think I would like to meet him.....

SoHH Article Link: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments Here

Rakuten Affiliate Network Welcome Program
 
SecondSpin.com
Best Dad. Best Gift.
Rakuten Affiliate Network Welcome Program