Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Core Wireless Speaker System CDUniverse.com

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Tone Spliff: Authentic


Another month and another new submission, this time I was fortunate enough to get a chance and interview Tone Spliff.  If you don't know already, Tone is from New York and is a producer who is making his mark in Hip Hop while working with some very prominent acts.  So here is your chance to read on Tone Spliff and make sure you check out that mixtape.

How long have you been involved in Hip Hop?

Since I was around the age of 15...started off 80's rock age 10-14....then got introduced to 2 Live Crew when I was 14 or 15


What are you currently listening to right now?

that new Rustee Juxx & Marco Polo "Exxecution" / Statik Selectah "100 Proof" / alot of old Gang Starr.


Who are your inspirations and why?

There are alot, DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Marley Marl, Large Pro, J Dilla, and many more.

Now I know you went from rapping to producing while also being a DJ, do you plan on getting back rapping full time ever again or doing it like Kanye?

I was a hit or miss MC...I liked 3 of my verses I've ever wrote....I find comfort and peace behind the scenes....so I won't be picking up a mic to rhyme anytime soon.

Tell us a little bit about the your mixtape, what can we expect?

Alot of tracks with that 90's hip hop feel to it....alot of guest appearances from artists Tizz, Krumbsnatcha, Copywrite, Murdoc, King Dom, Baby Blak, Apathy, Royce Da 5'9, Special Teamz (Edo G, Jaysaun, Slaine), Born Talent, King Magnetic, Rise, Irealz, Planet Asia, Shabaam Sahdeeq, Jukstapose, Chaundon, Braille, Wordsworth, Okwerdz, Skyzoo & Pace Won.


How long did it take for you to get this mixtape together?

Over a year & a half....with picking the artists, picking beats, mixing and mastering...it takes alot of hard work to organize a compilation.


What do you feel is the most difficult thing when collaborating on a track?

Its not to difficult...I'll send a beat to an artist & either give them a theme, or let them come up with something on their own...then I'll pass it to the next artist and they follow topic.


Now as a fellow producer I know we all use different equipment to get our tracks done, I personally use Reason & FL Studio.  What is the equipment involved to make a Tone Spliff track?

It depends...I have alot of beats...I have beats I made with a MPC2000xl...I have beats I made with Technic CDJ's....I have beats I made with my new MPC500.....and I have 2 Technic 1200's for sampling vinyl. I use Sony Acid to map out the tracks....then I have it mastered at Rock Wit Us Records or J.A. Castle Recording Studios...both located in Utica NY

What are some future projects we can expect from Tone Spliff?

I am currently working on my new compilation...and its sounding AMAZING....lots more features...so far I announced (Craig G, Emilio Rojas, Blacastan, Chaundon, Termanology, El Da Sensei, Phil the Agony, C Rayz Walz, A.G., Eternia, Rasco, Irealz, Copywrite & Fresh Daily)....so keep a eye out for that.


One thing I respect is the work you put in, I read that you are working a 9-5 and still finding time to get your music done.  How do you find time to DJ, and keep Producing at such a high level?

Its real rough....but I love hip hop music....so I work on music on my off days...I wish I could work full time on music though.


Thanks for your time, Any words for the readers?

Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for a real dope compilation in the works!!! Im currently running a contest for artists to get on it...check my page tonespliff.comfor details.


www.tonespliff.com
 

www.twitter.com/tonespliff
 

www.authentichiphop.ning.com/
 

HERE IS A LINK FOR AUTHENTIC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VIA PAYPAL/CREDIT CARD
Tone Spliff: Authentic (Mixtape Link)
 


Here are some YouTube links:

Krumbsnatcha "Do It For You" b/w Born Talent "Respect is Due" Music Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av2hhRrfH-E
 


Irealz ft Copywrite & Mage9 "Step By Step" produced by Al Tarba w/
Cuts by Tone Spliff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URGlOaigutU
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments Here

Rakuten Affiliate Network Welcome Program
 
SecondSpin.com
Best Dad. Best Gift.
Rakuten Affiliate Network Welcome Program